These brownies are absolutely delicious and the ultimate treat. You won’t want to stop at one batch!
How to Create …
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a large baking dish or lamington tin with baking paper.
- Combine the maple peanut butter and milk in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir gently until the mixture becomes thick and a little darker. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and cocoa together in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, vegetable oil, caster sugar and jaggery for 3 minutes or until thick and pale.
- Add vanilla, then beat in the eggs one at a time ensuring mixture is well beaten after each addition.
- Add the flour mixture, gently stir until just combined and then fold through the cacao nibs.
- Pour batter into the lined baking dish. Spoon the peanut butter mixture over the top, swirling it to distribute evenly and finish with a sprinkle of sea salt flakes.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes, or until the batter is just set and no longer wobbly. Be careful not to overcook, to ensure the brownies have a fudgy consistency.
- Allow to cool before slicing (if you can wait!)
This article was published on Monday 17 January, 2022.
Products related to this article: